1. Cut out bottom to plastic cups- box cutter works nice though I did try out my new multi-tool for the first time.
2. tape bottoms to prevent snags and cups from tearing apart.
|Mount using Staples, from a gun, not a stapler.|
3. Use a staple gun and staple cups to board. I fit 2 up top and one in the bottom. I used a flat iron and hammer to make sure the staples were in good.
4. I had one umbrella that was too small to fit into the holder, so I found a spiderman cup. Also ran out of duct tape and decided to make the core a holder of some sort as well.
|1X6" board, length to need.|
5. Grabbed a tape measure found where I could get 2 small drywall screws in 16 inches apart (studs are 16")
6. Mount board on wall (either they didn't use 16" spacers in the wall in my garage or I just missed my measurement cause I didn't hit home-but it held nonetheless)
|Hang on Wall|
The nice thing about this is, the umbrellas pull through. I can grab at the bottom and tug;a one-way street, so to speak.
Job 2: a corner rack that holds shovels was sitting unused in my shed. I washed it up, trimmed out the holes and walla:
Yeah for organization!