Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Henry

Henry and his cousin Lillie are just a few days apart in age.  So it stands to reason when I snap photos of one, the other gets to join in.  Even though Lillie is older, Henry is nearly twice her size. 


Stats: D90, 18-105; apeture priorty, ittl-CLS, ISO-400, 1/160, f5.3 EV=0 80 mm.
In setting up these photos, we had a overcast evening prior to the sunset.  I opened up all my windows to my large north facing window.  Used clamps to hang a white bedsheet from the bookshelf and curtain rods.  Placed a SB-600 behind the sheet.  Moved the recliner and position the kids against the wall.  This put my back to the window and flash camera right.  I used my silver reflector, which is a window sunlight reflector from walmart.  to help with some fill. 
Stats: D90, 18-105; apeture priorty, ittl-CLS, ISO-400, 1/160, f5.3 EV=0, 62 mm.


Love this pose. Had to change blankets after Hank decided to hose it down.  By this time the evening light was goign too weak so I added an umbrella'd Sb-600 to camera left.  I dialed it down to a EV=-0.7 i think. I then placed a medium sized black posterboard directly to hanks left (front here) to help with shadows.
Neither kid has taken to crawling yet, but sitting and pushups seem to be old hat.  With the 105 zoomed in you can begin seeing some vignetting in this image.  I didn't mind the effect because I felt it may be something I'd have down in Lightroom (had I owned it) anyway.

Stats: D90, 18-105; apeture priorty, ittl-CLS, ISO-400, 1/160, f5.6 EV=+0.7, 105 mm,




This was one of the last photos we shot that evening.  Hank was in his PJ's, and we were trying different hats on Lillie, but she wasn't happy about it.  So to get a photo in the fedora we tossed Hank down and snapped another couple.
Stats: D90, 18-105; apeture priorty, ittl-CLS, ISO-400, 1/160, f5.6 EV=+0.7, 105 mm,

All photos shot in Raw, Vibrance was increased to 50, exposure was brought up just shy of clipping.  As mentioned earlier that my monitor is somewhat lacking, I trusted the exposure histogram to make my decision on exposure.  Luminance and Color noise was raised to 40. Images were then opened in PSE 7 where the eyes were dodged 30% midtones. Photos were then sharpened.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment