Saturday, January 14, 2012

Basketball and Dark, Dark, Gyms

Wesley presented the colors at the local Varsity basketball game so I decided to take a few photos.  It was very dark in there so I got to test the noise level of the d90, have to say, i'm pretty impressed.  Since most of my fstops were in the 3.5-5 range I had to crank the ISO to 3200, SS was either 1/200 or 1/250. I'm going to give this another go with my 50mm 1.8 I'll be able to bring the ISO down and pick up some clarity. Most of my shots were around the 50mm focal length anyways.  I did miss 1 shot at the other end of the court. An Orleans kid pulled off a dunk and the place went nuts.  I barely saw it, I was in the middle of the 4th bathroom trip with the boys.  note to self...limit sprite intake at ball games...(i blame it on the popcorn, really)








Final Shot of the game, it was close.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment